The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place. Read the latest updates.
Resumes and CVs
Resumes and CVs are very individualized documents that reflect your variety of academic, work, and extracurricular experience. Your resume serves as a (usually) one page snapshot of who you are and what you've done to be marketable for positions. CVs look different and are often focused on academic experiences. Regardless of style and experience your resume should follow a few rules:
- If you're submitting a resume for a job/internship it should only be one page.
- Always send your resume in PDF format.
- The more something is relevant to a position, the more descriptions and bullet points it should have.
- Experience is broad, think about making different section headings.
- Stay away from using personal pronouns (I, me, my) on your resume.
- Make your resume outcomes based by highlighting a variety of power words on your resume.
If you're applying for graduate school, your resume can be more than one page. If you are needing a Curriculum Vitae (CV), the format looks different than a resume. A CV is traditionally used within the academic community (educational institutions, institutes, and research associations). It is submitted in applications to graduate programs, teaching, or administrative positions at academic institutions for grants or fellowships, or to apply for research or sabbatical assignments.
Below, find samples of resumes and CVs. For individualized assistance on your resume, visit our virtual Career Studio between 2:00pm - 4:00pm Monday - Thursday, or make an appointment with your career coach on Handshake.
Here are some samples to get you started:
- Actor/Singer/Dancer Resume Sample
- Chemistry Resume Sample
- First Year/Sophomore Resume Sample
- General Resume Sample
- Internship Resume Sample
- Master of Science CV Sample
- Music Performance Resume Sample
- Non-profit Resume Sample
- Political Science Resume Sample
- Pre-Med Resume Sample
- Technical Theatre Resume Sample
- Editable Resume Template