The university remains open and is actively engaged in maintaining the safest possible learning and work environment.
Click here for the latest university COVID-19 updates.
For details about Student Affairs operations, see the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated June 10, 2020 at 8:20 a.m.
Internship Search Strategy
Are you thinking about doing an internship? That is an excellent plan! Whether an internship is required for your major or just encouraged, internships are an excellent way to gain practical experience in your field or to explore a field of potential interest to you.
Remember, internships, or experiential education, can go by different names depending upon your course of study. Be on the look-out for the words practicum, field experience, clinical, and student teaching. These are all forms of internships or experiential education!
Internships are valued by your future employers and will look great on your graduate and professional school applications. Gap year experiences will smile on them, too.
So, to get you started on your search for an internship, here are great ways to begin!
- Attend our career fairs, such as the Internship & Job Fair and Internship Expo.
- Explore postings by major in Handshake and check out the national listing sites we subscribe to for you.
- Make an appointment with your career coach to get help on searching for internships.
- Talk with your Internship Coordinator in your major/department.
- Use your network of family and friends to learn about internship opportunities.
- Visit organization-specific websites to see their internship needs.
- Consider an international internship.
Want more details? Check out the Internships website for more information!