Post a Job or Internship
The Career Development Center is pleased to offer employers the opportunity to connect with Appalachian State students through Handshake and post job and internship opportunities for free. Handshake is a networking platform used for recruiting college students across the nation. If you are already a Handshake user, simply go to the "Schools" option and request to connect with Appalachian State University. If you do not currently have a Handshake account, you will need to create one before being able to post your job or internship opportunities.
Create your Handshake account:
- Go to the Handshake registration page.
- Complete the form, filling in the requested information, then check your inbox for a confirmation email from Handshake.
- After confirming your email address, request to join your company account or, if it does not yet exist, create a new company account. (Note: If your company already has an account that was created by another employee in the organization, they may need to approve your connection to that existing account).
- Your Handshake account must include complete organization and contact information (organization name, organization address, organization phone number, organization website, contact name, contact email - must use a company email).
****Instructions for Appalachian State departments****
After confirming your email address, check to see if your department already has an account. It will look like the following example: Appalachian State University - Career Development Center.
If you do not see your department listed, create a new company account for your department. Set the company name to be Appalachian State University - (your department name)
For any questions, please contact Student Employment.
After your account is created and you've requested to connect with Appalachian State University, our Employer Relations team will review/approve your request. Once approved, you will then be able to post your job or internship opportunities.
View this Handshake article for complete instructions on how to create an account.
Post your job or internship:
- Log into Handshake using the email address and password you previously created.
- Select the "Post a Job" button on your home dashboard or click on "Jobs" in the left hand navigation bar and click the "Create Job" button at the top right of the page.
- Complete the form, providing the basics, position details, screening preferences*, and schools to which you want to post the position (be sure to select Appalachian State University).
*While Handshake offers convenience of posting at multiple schools, you may have more success connecting with the right students by carefully reviewing the major groups and/or majors specific to our campus and/or your target schools. Feel free to contact the Employer Relations team to discuss further. Our Academics website may assist you in researching our undergraduate and graduate programs, majors and certificates.
View this Handshake article for complete instructions on how to post a job.
All employers recruiting at Appalachian State University must adhere to our Employer Recruiting Policies. Registering for an account and submitting a job posting does not guarantee that your account will be approved. We carefully screen all employers, job, and internship postings to protect our students from employment and internship scams.