A valuable service we offer is campus and virtual interview support. We have designated rooms, and on some days multiple office spaces, available to employers to utilize throughout the year - following career fairs, for interview rounds (first, second, third), or virtual interviews. You have the option of requesting a Room Only, Preselect, or Open interview to create a timeline of how students can sign up for interview slots.
- Room Only: Use this option if you just want to reserve a room, but you want to build your own interview schedule. This will give students 30 days to apply for your position in Handshake. If you would like to adjust that, you can note this in the comments section when you request the interview schedule.
- Preselect: You will define an application period and separate interview signup periods for Primary and Alternate candidates. After the application period has ended, you will select Primary and Alternate candidates from the students who applied. Candidates you designate as "Primary" are allowed to sign up any time after the primary signup start and candidates you designate as "Alternate" are allowed to sign up any time after the alternate signup date. This helps ensure that your most promising candidates are able to find an acceptable interview slot.
- Open: Any student who meets the specified job or interview qualifications is allowed to reserve an interview slot (without manual approval).
Request your interview schedule:
- Log into Handshake to request your interview schedule.
- Select the "Request an Interview" button on your home dashboard or click on "Interviews" in the left hand navigation bar and click the "Request Interview Schedule" button at the top right of the page.
- Complete the form, providing the basics, choosing a date and timeline, and assigning any jobs you are interviewing for (be sure to select Appalachian State University).
View this Handshake article for complete instructions on how to request an interview schedule.
If you have any questions or need additional support, feel free to contact Mary Kelly Glidewell at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 828-262-2105.