Become a Career Ambassador!
What is a Career Ambassador?
Career Ambassadors will assist in educating the campus community about the various resources of the Career Development Center through various outreach and programming initiatives. By serving as ambassadors to the office, Career Ambassadors will help their peers find their passions and make a difference in the lives of students! The Career Ambassador team is compromised of undergraduate students who meet weekly to coordinate outreach and programming efforts (see below).
What do Career Ambassadors do?
Ambassadors are an integral part of the Career Development Team by serving on one of two committees: Programming or Outreach.
Outreach: Career Ambassadors will coordinate and run our Coffee and Careers Coffee Cart, traveling to various academic and social buildings around campus and asking students about their futures and letting them know how the Career Development Center can help! This group will also oversee social media efforts, including managing our marketing mediums. Ambassadors in this committee will develop valuable skills, including: interpersonal communication skills, creative leadership, logistics/coordination and public relations as well as develop relationships around campus.
Programming: Career Ambassadors will brainstorm, plan and carry out various programs on campus, including: Career Bootcamps, Dress for Success Fashion Show, Making a Difference Day and so much more! With assistance from the Career Development Center team, this group will play a huge role in coordinating our career readiness workshops. Ambassadors are involved in all stages, from brainstorming to execution! Ambassadors in this committee will develop valuable skills, including: budgeting, coordination of logistics, marketing, delegating and leadership!
What will I get out of being a Career Ambassador?
- Build connections around campus with other students, faculty and staff
- A new group of friends
- Ownership of programs, events and initiatives that provide students with tools to be successful in their future
- Professional reference to use in your future
- Awareness of career tools and resources to help you and your community!
- A great and unique resume builder!
- How do I become a Career Ambassador?
- Fill out the attached application and return it to Taylor Eljaua at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it by the John E Thomas Building (JET Building) 3rd Floor by March 28th
- Interviews will be scheduled April 10th - 13th as we receive applications.Please provide a copy of your resume with your application.
What are the requirements?
The Career Ambassador program is open to all students of all class years. All are encouraged to apply!
2.75 GPA or above
Good standing with the University
Full commitment to 2017-2018 Academic Year, 5-7 hours a week.
We are seeking students who are energetic, positive and have an eagerness to learn and be part of a great team. No previous training or experience in Career Counseling required!
Questions? Email Taylor Eljaua at email@example.com
Have a quick question about jobs or internships? Check out Career Spots for the answer!
Room 387 Reservations
We can speak on a variety
of topics including resumes,
job searching, networking,
interviewing and more. We can present to classes, clubs, you name it!
Rm. 369, John Thomas Hall
287 River Street
Boone, NC 28607
Phone: (828) 262-2180